Dark Cloud Level5 Forum

Dark Cloud packing/unpacking tools, Esplorare il contenuto dei file data.dat e data.hd2

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 29/8/2019, 14:13

Group:

Awesome!
Thanks a lot for your hard work, sometimes I see your posts directly on the Dark Cloud subreddit which I follow.
It would be really helpful to know how many revisions the game got before it reach the final production stage.
I've tried my best to find informations from various sources and for sure I know that at least 4 revisions where showed publicly excluding Dark Cloud (Sample Movie Disc).

view post Posted on 2/9/2019, 17:10

Group:

Oh for sure, I'm putting a lot of work and effort into making this the best that it can be! I bought a decent camera, tripod and recoding equipment to do it all too. I have been wanting to do this for years and I have been working on it for about a year now, it's finally at the stage where it's ready to be shown off. Dark Cloud's 20th Anniversary is also coming up so I thought it would be a great time to finally make the compendium a reality!!

The idea is to make a one stop shop or one comprehensive compendium for all of your Dark Cloud needs. I gathered information I found all over the net, old archived websites through the wayback machine and other sources. 2 videos will be posted every month until February 2020 where I will release all the videos strung together into a documentary! The goal was to always release it as one documentary so they all fit well with each other. In addition, the documentary will also have a lot of exclusive content that the other videos on the compendium won't have which will make it the definitive way to watch the compendium!

Level 5 may not do anything to celebrate the 20 years of Dark Cloud but that's not stopping the us, this compendium and later documentary is made by fans for the fans to celebrate 20 years!!

Edited by Seide - 17/9/2019, 10:01

view post Posted on 20/9/2019, 19:07

Group:

Kai and I translated the Tokyo Game Show Demo Beta, I wonder how much of this demo is still left on the final disc! Can someone double check the disc to see if there's any leftovers?

I wish I knew how to use Lightcloud!!

https://youtu.be/_OaRBl4ySRs

view post Posted on 21/9/2019, 17:55

Group:

Amazing work, cannot wait until final release of the Compendium!

Using LightCloud it's pretty straightforward, the real problem is the various files that it extract.
We where able to extract various textures and resources but however the majority of files still need specific tools.

I'm pretty sure that the following users can (but I'm not sure if they are willing to) help and have the right skills to assist you more than us actually:
tadanokojin (from Reddit)
KHDecoder (from YouTube)
InnocentSam
Xeeynamo

Everything we found so far was posted in this thread, here about Toan's ability to jump in final versions (EdDebugMoveFlag), here and here about beta items still inside final versions of the game

view post Posted on 24/9/2019, 10:12

Advanced Member

Group:
Administrator

Even here and here we had found beta stuff, unfortunately it is just images

view post Posted on 27/9/2019, 18:53

Group:

I'm working on a video for cut content that should be around 15 minutes long, do you know if we went through all of the folder that was titled "OLD"?

Also one thing that I realised was that Brownboo Village was the only thing Level 5 kept from the Toyko Game Show Demo, do you think there might be files from the 1999 beta around where Brownboo is located?

Do you think we can give the game disc another look just to make sure we found everything we can?

view post Posted on 30/9/2019, 14:12

Group:

We tried our best for sure, however there are still a lot of files that we weren't able to open.
Your best bet right now is to ask help from others people more skilled that us for example the guy that helped you with Debug stuff at tcrf.

For what we can we are here :)

view post Posted on 5/10/2019, 00:17

Group:

Hello everyone, I was able to interview some Level 5 staff about Dark Cloud's development

Throughout my research for the Dark Cloud Compendium, I was fortunate enough to make some contacts at Level 5 who were open to discussing their work on Dark Cloud and how the series changed over it’s somewhat shaky development. I hope you all enjoy this video, the information is never before seen and Compendium exclusive. This particular interview took place in 2018, I conducted another one early this year; that will be posted soon after this goes up. I’m still new to this so I’m not sure if Youtube favors longer or shorter content, I just want this video to be as accessible as possible. Let me know what you think!

It’s also very difficult to get a hold of Japanese video game employees; I’m still looking for an free lance artist that drew some Dark Cloud 3 concept art around 2004 for Level 5 before shortly leaving the company. The only thing that the Level 5 employees asked for was anonymity as they did not want any trouble!

view post Posted on 7/10/2019, 21:10

Group:

Keep up the good work man; I'm looking forward to hearing about your updates!
In the next few days probably I will pin a new thread about your project so things will be easier to follow.

Japanese videogame industry is very strict and secretive in general so I know how hard was for you to keep in touch with someone from the inside.

view post Posted on 15/10/2019, 18:32

Group:

Aparently there is a way to extract the 3D models for Dark Cloud 1 using batch files a user on Discord created to extract the chr,img and mds files in bulk.

They posted the batch files and one for the deswizzler too. You can then explore the extracted 3D objects/textures via Noesis.

I really don't know how to do this since I am not techsavy but maybe this information could be useful to someone else?

I feel like Level 5 left a lot of old character models on the disc that have never been seen before, it has been 20 years and no one has yet to fully explore the 3D models to see if there's any secrets leftover!

I could link the Discord where you can find the resources if anyone is interested!

view post Posted on 18/10/2019, 16:38

Group:

Nice find!
Yes, that would be great to explore them further.
If devs are fine with that you can point us to the right direction.

view post Posted on 20/10/2019, 03:40

Group:

https://discord.gg/KPu4qu

Here we are, the discord is called Luna Lab and the resources are on there :)

view post Posted on 25/10/2019, 17:20

Group:

Hello everyone, I hope your Friday is going well!

Here is the second and last part of my Level 5 interview series, there's a good mix of information from Dark Cloud 1, Dark Chronicle, Rogue Galaxy and even Dragon Quest 8 gets brought up! Oh, and DARK CLOUD 3 INFORMATION!!!!!!!

This is the last interview I will be doing for a little bit since there are so many other projects we're working on for the Compendium as well as one big monster sized project which will come out in 2020.

This Compendium is our way of celebrating the 20th Anniversary of this awesome series, a celebration that's for the fans by the fans. Be sure to like and subscribe to keep up with the Compendium!

I hope you enjoy the video and have a great weekend :)

view post Posted on 4/11/2019, 18:18

Group:

I don't know what to say anymore, thanks again!
Cannot wait for more content!

view post Posted on 5/11/2019, 19:47

Group:

A friend of mine is developing a 3D model viewer program which can allow you to view the models thru your computer.

I remember last time you guys found an untextured model of the TGS volcano, maybe there's more TGS models left on the disk!

I'll be posting the unseen DC Character trailer on November 29th, that trailer was from Summer TGS 2000 that features a small glimpse (8 seconds) of a playable Seda, his gameplay would have been a mix of spells and swords, it even shows Seda in the middle of casting a spell.

I can't thank both Consoledev and Seide enough, it seemed like you two were the only people in the community digging through the game for a while, you both made so many findings which made my work of cataloging it for the world to see on Youtube so much easier. You two are the amazing!

Attached Image: Screenshot_20191031-223953_Discord

Screenshot_20191031-223953_Discord

156 replies since 21/1/2013, 18:49   4713 views