Dark Cloud Level5 Forum

Dark Cloud packing/unpacking tools, Esplorare il contenuto dei file data.dat e data.hd2

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 5/11/2019, 21:08

Group:

Amazing!

It would be nice to further explore those files, we left because we weren't able to dig more content from them.

Just a few things that comes to my mind

Someone claimed that it was possible to use beta Toan with an AR code: www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLxqBWVH7V...-5aF71Td77HaNX4
I'm a bit skeptical about this one

I don't remember at which point of development but there was a build of the game that allowed you to use Allies outside of Dungeons as shown here:

More and more content to explore!

We weren't alone; people like you, people on the Discord server, on Reddit, on TCRF and other friendly places are doing most of the work, we are just trying to help.

Edited by ConsoleDev - 5/11/2019, 22:04

view post Posted on 14/11/2019, 19:32

Group:

I'm really excited to see what we can unearth with the new program!

Hmmm, I have been researching everything Dark Cloud related extensively for 5 years and I never heard anything about a cheat to switch models. I think that user may have been lying since there's no cheat like that anywhere on th net or magazines that I know of.

You guys are the greatest, i'll be back if anything interesting gets found!

view post Posted on 18/11/2019, 17:19

Group:

Hopefully we will be able to see uncovered contents :)

Thanks a lot for everything you did until now!

view post Posted on 29/11/2019, 19:35

Group:

Brief Footage of PLAYABLE Seda found!!! 🎊🎉https://youtu.be/7tyZnk6N6wk

view post Posted on 30/11/2019, 18:23

Group:

Awesome work!

These are the same video shots that IGN has on it's YouTube channel, I wonder if anything else was shown to the public.
The video where playable Seda is shown is dated 22 Febraury 2000, it would be great if you can confirm that this date can be reliable.

I think that a timeline would be useful to better track differences across different versions.
I've tried my best to provide a brief development history here: Dark Cloud: dalle origini fino ad oggi, In continuo aggiornamento

view post Posted on 1/12/2019, 21:10

Group:

Hello friends!

The old website that I found this on had videos published at Feb 2000 and was titled as CHARACTER TRAILER but they are from earlier in development as Japanese Dark Cloud already released in December 2000 it lacked a lot of the features seen in the video I posted such as:

-Being able to run with your weapon in the town
-Your party being playable in Norune like Undaga
-Seda being playable
-As well as the 3D intro with the book!

Your timeline has come in handy when creating my documentary, I'm going to keep looking on foreign VHS tapes to see if any more footage of Seda can be found, I was so surprised to find this!

view post Posted on 1/12/2019, 22:37

Group:

Glad that it was helpful for you.
I will update the timeline in my thread with the invaluable infos you provided if you agree.

I ever wondered if game magazines were able to get their hands on pre-retail discs, if so they can for sure provide additional informations.

Please keep us updated as usual :)

view post Posted on 13/12/2019, 18:31

Group:

Oh no worries feel free to use whatever info I post!! I wouldn't be surprised if a few beta discs were sent out to magazines to promote the game

I don't think the TGS 1999 beta ever left, the only clear gameplay screenshot we have for that beta is from IGN so chances are IGN had the 1999 beta at one point but either only had access to it for 1 day to take photos thru dev kits or had it and returned/destroyed it. I wouldn't be surprised if that 1999 beta is in the hands of a Japanese collector since they're known to hoard a lot of betas.

Here is a video I created which focuses on Dark Cloud's beta and how the game changed over time, feel free to check it out!

view post Posted on 17/12/2019, 10:35

Advanced Member

Group:
Administrator

Oh bene bene, hai fatto un ottimo lavoro, grazie mille. Purtroppo in questo periodo non ho molto tempo per continuare ad analizzare i file di gioco come facevo prima. Spero di riuscire nuovamente presto, anche se, senza i giusti mezzi temo ci sia poco di scopribile.
Una precisazione riguardo al video al minuto 12:25, dove si parla del debug menu, riguardo agli interni. Quell'interno è vero che si trova solo sulla versione jp del gioco, ma quello stesso interno è utilizzato nel gioco finale di qualsiasi versione, è il piano superiore di una casa a reginia, dove si può entrare senza alcun problema anche nella versione finale del gioco

view post Posted on 18/12/2019, 09:21

Group:

È bello sentirti di nuovo amico mio, è da tanto tempo che spero tu stia bene! Io e i miei amici abbiamo creato un canale Youtube che documenta molte oscure informazioni di Dark Cloud che tutti possono vedere su una piattaforma più grande come Youtube, si chiama Dark Cloud Compendium. Abbiamo tradotto molti dei contenuti giapponesi di Dark Cloud, ho anche fatto 2 interviste con lo staff di livello 5 e altri video! È bello risentirti

Dai un'occhiata al canale!

view post Posted on 18/12/2019, 15:20

Group:

Probably the best video so far!

Dont' get me wrong, all your previous videos were excellent but this one got my attention in particular because you were able to put the pieces together and bringing order to some of the same things that we discovered here.

As you saw in this thread Seide found the vulcano indipendently almost 5 years ago but we failed to better document our discoveries and progress in order.
You were able to continue where we left and bring even and ever more awesome stuff.

As a Dark Cloud fan, thank you so much!

view post Posted on 22/12/2019, 22:09

Group:

No you guys are the best, thank you so much for putting the time and effort into Dark Cloud!

I hope you are enjoying the holidays!

A couple days ago the amazing Punk7890 found a fully debug enabled executable of Dark Cloud on a demo disc called Jampack Winter 2002 under a dummy file. When I contacted him he was kind enough to share an ISO of the disc with me and allowed me to share it with others. The disc boots to a debug menu contains free cameras and more.

This disc is important as it has debug features which previously did not work like the sound test.

Previously 2017 when I was playing Dark Cloud on PCSX2 I found that there was text referencing debug rooms when I asked Punk to look at the data he discovered several codes such as a complete debug menu, dungeon debug mode, free camera, the ability to hack jumping back in (minus the animation) and access to a free camera.

I hope you enjoy the new Beta disc!

Happy holidays all, I hope you have a good one. Much love!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UJxUfdYkd...--tKrCqSdt/view

view post Posted on 24/12/2019, 23:37

Group:

You never cease to amaze me!

Please thank Punk7890 for me; what a wonderful Christmas gift from both of you!

As I wrote here: #entry417998911 the same code that allow you to jump allow you to use a free Georama Mode almost anywhere:
https://imgur.com/a/coSCC

It can be interesting if you manage to gather more data from that.

BTW Happy holidays to you as well :)

Drakengaard35
view post Posted on 25/12/2019, 04:01

What an exciting time for all Dark Cloud fans. I also found something in the game's files.

Probably the most high-quality image in the entire game, measuring 768x768px, which is huge for PS2 standards. It's the beautiful background image of clouds that appears in the main menu, and is so characteristic of Dark Cloud.

Unfortunately, it's still scrambled, but someone in the community should be able to fix it. For those who have unpacked the game's files using whitecloud, it is located at export/rmdat/title.paks

Edited by ConsoleDev - 25/12/2019, 13:51

view post Posted on 25/12/2019, 13:54

Group:

Really nice find!

Pretty sure that Hiddencastle can unscramble it because some of the image that he showed us were originally scrambled like this one.

156 replies since 21/1/2013, 18:49   4713 views